Secondary Catheter Securement Device: Rx Only
Inside of PICCPerfect® Pro
• Shows size & care instructions
• Has the “X”s for the lumens to exit
Outside of PICCPerfect® Pro
• Folds up and down to give you easy access
• Has adjustable strap to help keep your PICC secure
Mighty Helpful Tips
Don't Get it Wet:
Don’t use your PICCPerfect® Pro for bathing or showering.
Use a waterproof PICC Line Cover to prevent your PICC site from getting wet.
Keep it Clean:
When at home, wash your PICCPerfect® Pro for every 2 weeks.
Machine wash cold and hang to dry. Make sure to close the velcro flap before washing.
Tighten as Needed:
Use the velcro flap to adjust the tightness around your arm.
If your PICCPerfect® Pro is falling down your arm, this means you need a smaller size.
This item is covered by insurance. Ask your doctor about getting a PICCPerfect® Pro Catheter Securement Device
Find Your Size
Measure around your bicep where your PICC line is placed. See the size guide below to select your size.
If you are in between two sizes, select the smaller size.
FIT: The PICCPerfect® Pro is designed to have a snug and comfortable fit around your arm. If your Catheter Securement Device is slipping down your arm, even after following care instructions, you should be wearing a smaller size. For help with a size exchange, send us a text at 401-655-6711.
Ian wears a size medium in grey
Anne-Marie wears a size medium in grey
instructions for nurses:
how to put on the PICCPerfect® Pro:
Please follow the steps listed below to put on the PICCPerfect® Pro. WARNING: for external use on top of adhesive dressing only.
NOTE: PICCPerfect® Pro has 2 layers. The INNER LAYER has the coated “X”’s and size. The OUTER LAYER is below and folds up and down to give way access to the PICC.
1. Turn the device inside out, with coated “X”s showing on top, and gently pull the device up the arm
2. Align “X”s with PICC insertion site.
Pass the lumen(s) through ONE of the “X”s, whichever is more comfortable, until the catheter line is completely out and not touching the skin.
NOTE: If the PICC has extension tubing, carefully wrap the PICC around the patient’s arm, on top of the device.
3. Fold up the OUTER/BOTTOM layer to create a pocket for the PICC to rest in and prevent any pulling.
4. Fold velcro flap over to adjust the tightness of the device as necessary.
Indications For Use: The PICCPerfect® Pro Catheter Securement Device (Patent No. D818120) is a secondary securement device for Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICCs). PICCPerfect® Pro is designed to be used directly on top of a sterile dressing.
how to check on/visualize the PICC line insertion site:
Fold the OUTER section of the device down to show the PICC line. Then, fold the INNER section just enough to visualize the PICC line insertion site.
how to remove the device:
1. Fold the OUTER section of the device down to expose the PICC line.
2. Fold INNER section to visualize the PICC.
3. Gently, pull the lumen(s) out one at a time, and pull the device down the patient’s arm.
how to use for infusion while the patient is at the hospital:
Fold the OUTER section of the device down to expose the PICC line and connect to the necessary infusion/medication. When finished, fold the INNER section back up.
- When at home, the suggested use of the device is 2-3 days before washing.
- In the hospital, replace with a new one if soiled and/or if patient needs a different size.
- DO NOT use the device for bathing or showering. PICCPerfect® Pro is NOT waterproof.
- DO NOT fold or pull down the device with force or quick movement.
- DO NOT remove the device without bringing the lower section down first.
- DO NOT put on the device without using a sterile dressing or changing on the site.