How Tos: The Waterproof Shower Protector
Measure around your arm in the area that you would like to protect from water. I.e., Above your PICC, Midline, or dressing. Refer to the sizing below to select your ideal size:
- S-M: Ideal for an upper arm circumference of 8" - 12"
- M-L: Ideal for an upper arm circumference of 12" - 20"
For customers who use the PICCPerfect® PICC Line Cover, see the size guide image for your ideal size.
- Carefully grip the Shower Cover’s navy blue neoprene seal by its outer edge using your thumb and forefinger, where it joins the clear plastic body of the protector. Insert your arm into the seal opening, gently pushing it in.
- Still gripping the Shower Cover as described above, continue dragging it up and slowly ease the navy seal over the affected area. Then allow the seal to turn inwards as it slides up to secure it.
- When you’ve pulled the Shower Cover up as high as possible, pull the Shower Cover down slightly so that the seal reverses itself, turning upwards so that the inner surface of the seal is in direct contact with your skin
- Ensure that the seal of your Shower Cover lays flat against your skin and is wrinkle-free with a snug, comfortable fit to ensure waterproof protection.
- Carefully roll the seal back on itself a little and ease it over your dressing
- You will now be able to slide the protector off your arm easily
- Hang your Shower Cover to dry - ensure it’s away from any direct heat source.
- It will be ready to use again whenever you need it
- Hand-wash the Shower Protector as needed
- You can use a mild disinfectant or detergent.
- Dry your Shower Protector thoroughly away from direct heat before storing.
- Avoid folding the neoprene seal and check that it remains undamaged before reusing
- Store in a dry place at room temperature
IVs, Midlines, PICCs, dressings, casts, wounds, abrasions, burns, cuts, and post-surgical incisions
I was a little skeptical about this shower cover at first. I previously used the DryPro that has a vacuum seal and can be submerged in water. But the dry pro squeezed my arm pretty tight and restricted the movement of my arm. So I tried this cover instead. I am so pleased with the result! Easy to put on, doesn't squeeze or restrict my arm movement at all and keeps water out! It does everything I need it to do without inhibiting my ability to lift my arm or bend my elbow. It doesn't feel tight at all, but it definitely keeps water out. I have had no issues with leaks, and I've used it several times. The blue outside edges do get a bit wet but somehow it doesn't soak through at all. The seal is really good and stays in place. Overall, I'm really happy with this product.
Thank you for your kind words! Mighty Well is a company founded by patients, for patients, and your positive review will further energize our team. We are happy to help make your health journey a bit more comfortable.
The Mighty Well Team
The shower protector has been easy to take on and off. The protector does a perfect job of keeping my dressing dry. After I shower, I stand it it up on the counter to dry.
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad we can help make your health journey a bit more comfortable. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review - your positive feedback goes a long way for us!
The Mighty Well Team
This shower protector is perfect. I tried saran wrap (time consuming & very hard to do single handed), Aqua guards (inevitably spring a leak along edges somewhere) and variations of those. This Mighty Well is easy to use, very water tight and allows a flexibility of your arm you won't get with the others options mentioned above. You can tell a lot of thought went into this design. And I like that that thought came from people who use and depend on these products themselves. Highly recommend.
This PICC line cover really works to keep water out. I ordered a small have 13” circumference at my biceps, I wanted to make absolutely sure there would be no leaks! I’ve taken a few showers with my line staying dry. Thanks!